Monday, September 15, 2014

C4T#1 - Summary of Articles and Posts

For my C4T, I was assigned the Teaching Channel. The first post I commented on was "Your Body Language Speaks Volumes: 6 Tips for Teachers". This blog post was about how body language affects the students' response to the teacher. Body language is a very effective tool gaining control of a class at the beginning and end, as well as to keep students focused in during class time. In my comment on this post, I noted introduced myself and noted the different strategies I liked the most. I will probably use most of these techniques when I begin to teach.

Teacher writing on chalkboard

The second post I commented on was 4 "Big Ideas to Engage Students". This post is about different ways of engaging students. High school graduates were interviewed and they shared the most compelling thing that engaged them in school. They also explained how it changed their lives. My comment on this post concerned three of the four stories and how they are very important in keeping a student engaged and helping them become the best they can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment