Friday, September 26, 2014

C4K Summary for September

My first C4K student was Joshua who is a student in Kansas. His blog post that I commented on was a book preview of The Red Pyramid. The Red Pyramid is about 2 siblings and their father. Their father ended up getting captured by the Egyptian god Set and it was the children's job to rescue him. In my comment on his blog post, I told him that he did a very good job on it and that the book preview sounded so interesting that I want to now read it. I gave him one small correction concerning his post, but overall it was easy to read and understand.

Student working on MacBook Air

My second C4K student was Kris who is a student in New Zealand. His most recent post was a Google Presentation on a stained glass window that he created. It demonstrated some math calculations that he used to create his window. His Presentation did not seem to be complete when I viewed it. In my comment, I complimented him on his window and I asked him how he figured out all of the equations. I also complimented him on his Google Presentation and wished him best of luck.

My third C4K student was Jack who is a student in the US. His most recent post that I commented on was a response to the question around the lines of "Which is more important: talent or hard work?" He responded that hard work was more important than talent. He also said that hard work corresponds with achieving your dreams. He used Jeremy Lin, who is an NBA player who worked hard to achieve his dream and goal to be a starter. Jack had a lot of grammatical issues, some of which I provided suggestions for him so they would be brought to his attention. I commented that I agreed with him about his opinion that hard work is more important than talent. I also commented that I had never heard of Jeremy Lin before and his post was very informative and that his story is fascinating.

I enjoyed being able to comment on these kids blogs and can't wait for my assignments for next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment