Sunday, September 21, 2014

Blog Post #5

Before now, I was not aware of what a PLN was. When I was assigned this blog post, I was a little confused on what a PLN exactly was. So like anything, if I'm confused about it, I Googled it. Here is what I came up with. I found Kate Klingensmith's blog, Once A Teacher... where I found a simple definition of a PLN: "n. – the entire collection of people with whom you engage and exchange information, usually online." After I read this, I went on Twitter I looked for people or organizations that could help and inspire me on my road to becoming a teacher. Not only on that road, but when I am on the road of improving myself as a teacher. I want to be a dynamic, fun, inspiring teacher, so I know I need some help to achieve that goal. I am now looking at a list of a little over 50 people and organizations that I have followed in Twitter and I am sure that list will continue to grow.

I have also made myself a Delicious page and a Symbaloo as well as Dr. Strange advised. Here is a picture of my Symbaloo page, as well as my Delicious page. Both are a work in progress and I will work on expanding them as I learn how to work them both fully.

Screenshot of my Symbaloo page

Screenshot of my Delicious page

I am excited to continue to build my PLN and by what I will gain from it.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you are experimenting with both PLN resources.

    ReplyDelete