Sunday, November 30, 2014

C4T Summary for November

My C4T for this month has been Mr. Sheninger. He is a principal at a high school who has written books and even given a TEDx Talk. I was looking around on my PLN on Twitter and found that he had a very interesting blog. I decided I would comment on his blog posts for this month.

Mr. Sheninger on the cover of USA Weekend

The first blog post I commented on was The Place to Be. This blog post was about finding a good school system for his children to go to school in. It circulated around the need to find a school that encourages 21st Century thinking and where change is willing to happen. Not only is the school system tech savy, but they promote the arts as well to expand their creativity. He is eager to get to working with the staff at the school to help further improve their school.
I thought this post was very interesting. I also thought it was cool that the students got to have the experiences of dancing and all of the technical aspects that expand the creativeness of the mind.

The second blog post I commented on was Stop Ignoring Google+. Mr. Sheninger wrote about the different components of Google+ and, to my surprise, Google+ seems to be the better option to Twitter. There are multiple plus-sides to Google+, including being able to message with more ease and being able to post something to a particular group, or circle, or to the entire Google+ universe.
I think I liked this one better than the previous one. This post inspired me to go to Google+ and explore it to my heart's delight. There seems to be a wealth of opportunities available through using Google+. I am very glad I came upon Mr. Sheninger's blog and I am eager to read more of his posts in the future. I urge you to do the same.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for deciding to focus on me and my work for your class. So do you see yourself using G+ consistently?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to make a habit out of using it to connect to other teachers to help further my knowledge on teaching. I hope to use it also as a tool for expanding my PLN. It would also help me to get myself more out there so I can be more intertwined in staying up to date with what is going on in the education universe.

    ReplyDelete