Thursday, November 6, 2014

C4T #3 - Summary of Posts and Comments

My third C4T assignment was Dr. McCaleb, or Doc Horse Tales. To view his blog, it can be viewed here.

Dr. McCaleb's first post that I commented on was The Reality of Transformations. This post talks about the question if you edit something, is it still considered authentic. He took a picture of a sunrise and edited it in iPhoto. He took another picture of the same sunrise from a slightly different location and left it unedited. He went on to ask if a painting, for example Van Gough's haystack, is real. Why or why not? These two questions were very thought provoking. The comment I left answered these questions and his other questions on this post. I said that both pictures are real, but they are different perspectives of the same thing. The edited picture is probably a closer representation of the sunrise seen in person with the human eye. However, the second picture is a real picture taken with a camera. The camera captured the colors and lighting that it could. It adjusted to the light of the sunrise, making the other aspects of the picture darker. Both are real, but different. Same thing with the haystack. There is an actual haystack, but Van Gough's haystack series is an interpretation of it. It doesn't make it not real. It is just another way to look at it.

Edited picture of sunrise from his blog post 'The Reality of Transformations' by Dr. McCaleb

Dr. McCaleb's second post that I commented on was Engagement with Home. This post makes a connection with the challenges in The Odyssey and the challenges with a intense class. He also references Odysseus' search for home throughout The Odyssey. He tied it to his search for home in his life and how the idea of "home" has changed for him. My comment on his post made the connection in my own words. I compared the challenges and search for home in The Odyssey to the challenges and search for home in everyone's lives. I know my "home" has changed considerably throughout my life because I have moved so much in my life. I know now where I enjoy being the best and it isn't just the house I live in. It is the area, the city, the feeling that I have connected to a place. I will always have a connection to Beaverton, OR. I will always have a connection to Lakewood, CO. I will always have a connection to Fairhope, AL. I think that where ever I end up living, I will make it my temporary home and see where I end up next.

No comments:

Post a Comment