Monday, October 6, 2014

C4T #2 - Summary of Posts and Comments

My C4T teacher was Ms. Cassidy who teaches Kindergarden in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada. She keeps her students very busy and it looks like they have a bunch of fun.

The first blog post that I commented on was Whisper Phones. This post showed a student using a whisper phone. A whisper phone is made out of PVC pipe and made to look like a phone. It allows students to hear their voices, which helps loud readers by helping them become more aware that they are loud when they read. It also allows students to hear what they are saying and help them recognize what they are saying if they are not pronouncing something correctly.
I began my comment on her post by introducing myself and I also said that I really liked the idea of using it. I also said that I should remember to use one when I teach. I came into possession of a whisper phone recently and was very intrigued about it. I think it is really cool that I came across the two right around the same time.

Student using whisper phone

The second blog post was about Fishtail Bracelets. This post documented what the students did in class and how much fun they had working on a project that they loved to do. She used this project to reinforce patterns in math.
My comment on her post was that I thought that this would be a fun project to do with my future students to reinforce patterns. It would also help improve the students' fine motor skills and help them in their creativity.

I really enjoyed seeing this teacher's blog and getting ideas from her. I might continue to follow her blog after this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment