Thursday, August 21, 2014

Practice Post

Source: Photo by Natalie Thomson

Who am I?
My name is Natalie Thomson, and I am a junior at the University of South Alabama. My major is Elementary Education and my minor is Music. I am 20 years old. I am Catholic and I am the only Catholic in my immediate family. I am the eldest sibling and cousin. I am a very passionate, happy, and I laugh very easily. I have now played trumpet for 9, going on 20, years. I am part of the Jaguar Marching Band. My home is Fairhope, but I have lived in many places in the States. I have lived in Florida, Rhode Island, Oregon, Alabama, and Colorado. I decided to come to South because it is close to home, I liked it the most out of all of the colleges I toured and applied to, and South provided me with the most money. I think I am best at talking and working with others. I want to become more organized because I have not been very organized in the past. I feel like this skill with help me considerably when I become a teacher. My passions include my faith, being outdoors (especially being on or by the water), reading, being with my family and friends, and listening to music.

Why do I want to be an educator and What does an educator do in his/her practice?
I want to be an educator because I love kids and I want to help my future students to become passionate about learning. The only way I can help my students become more passionate about learning is to make it fun, so my goal is to make my lessons fun and interactive. An educator's duty is to teach students, help students if they are having difficulties with a subject, be a good role model for students, prepare lessons, activities, assignments, and assessments to use in the classroom, and discipline the students appropriately if they misbehave.

Outline

Who I am
Name: Natalie Thomson
Age: 20
Junior year at USA
Major: Elementary Education
Catholic and the only Catholic in my immediate family.
Eldest sibling and cousin
Passionate, happy, laugh easily
Have played trumpet for going on 10 years this year.
Play trumpet in the Jaguar Marching Band
Live in Fairhope
Lived in 5 states:
Florida
Rhode Island
Oregon
Alabama
Colorado
Came to South because I liked it as soon as I came, provided me with the most money, close to home.
I want to become more organized because I have not been very organized in the past. I feel like this skill with help me considerably when I become a teacher.

My Passions
My faith
Being outdoors especially being on or by the water
Reading
Being with my friends and family
Music

Why do I want to be an educator?
I love kids.
I want to help my future students become passionate about learning.

What does an educator do in his/her practice?
Teach students.
Help students if they are having difficulties with a subject.
Be a good role model for students.
Prepare lessons, activities, and assessments to use in the classroom.
Discipline the students appropriately if they misbehave.

No comments:

Post a Comment